What to Expect
Here’s just a sprinkling of what you can expect to experience at Standon Calling this summer:
- The opportunity to see artists in a more intimate festival setting than anywhere else.
- A swimming pool to cool off in or lounge around during the day. There’s nothing like it at any other festival in the UK.
- Bars that never seem to close. We have a late-night licence that our guests take enthusiastic advantage of.
- To discover a bunch of artists about to breakthrough. Think the likes of Florence and the Machine and Mumford & Sons before they go on to become uber-stars.
- A nightclub in a cowshed which never seems to close. It’s another unique feature.
- An incredibly friendly crowd. We know we’re biased, but our guests continue to make Standon Calling the experience it is.
- A gorgeous setting. Standon Calling is set in the spacious grounds of a 16th century manor house.
- Some truly creative costumes. Our guests have amazing imaginations when it comes to interpreting the fancy dress theme.
- A theme that isn’t just about the costumes. Each year it shapes and influences the stages, set design, our artists, our installations and the interactive theatre.
- An array of food that is almost a line-up in itself.
- Various art installations scattered around our fields.
- Space to camp. People don’t like to be crammed on top of each other, so we make sure you’re not.
- Not a very long journey if you’re coming from London. We’re just 40 minutes away.